The Scrappy Steps Quilt Pattern

by - December 03, 2022


It's here! The Scrappy Steps pattern was shared with newsletter subscribers this week!

I've been wanting to write the instructions for sewing this quick Courthouse Steps quilt for while. I first made it in 2021 using loads of scrap 2.5" strips. It made for a super fun, colourful quilt, and was super popular on Instagram!


I always wanted to make it again, and I finally did! This time I used two Ruby Star Society Jolly Darlings jelly rolls and was more intentional about how I placed colours in the blocks. This created a fun pattern!

 

Courthouse Steps quilts are so fun because they can look so different depending on how colour is used and blocks are turned. I include a few different ideas and mock ups in the pattern, and I know I'll be making another one in the future!



The Scrappy Steps pattern is going to be free through the month of December, and after that it will be going into my PDF pattern shop for a small fee.

JANUARY 2023 EDIT - Thank you to all who downloaded the Scrappy Steps pattern in December! The pattern is now available in my pattern shop. Find it right here!

Happy sewing!

You May Also Like

0 comments