The North Star FPP Quilt Block

by - December 03, 2022


Introducing the North Star FPP block pattern!

This is a foundation paper piecing block pattern that can be incorporated into all kinds of sewing projects.
The pattern comes with templates for three different sizes: 6", 9" and 12". This allows for more variety in how the block can be used!

If you are new to FPP I also include a link to a video tutorial that walks you through sewing a block. 
FPP is a fun skill to add to your quilting repertoire!


This is the 6 inch block made with pink and red Christmas scraps. 
It was the perfect size to add to a stocking! 
I used the free stocking pattern from Piece Fabric Co - thank you so much for sharing it!


The 12 inch size was my first sample, and my vision for this pattern.
I wanted a framed star to add to my Christmas decor, so I made it!
I used the Art Gallery Fabrics Christmas in the City collection and
the frame is from Wayfair (I removed the glass).


My final sample was a 9 inch size in Art Gallery Fabrics Pure Solids.
My plan is to make two more and make a table runner with them!
I will use my free Starry Night table runner pattern and replace the star blocks with these! 
They will fit perfectly into the pattern.


The North Star FPP block pattern is available now in my shop!

You May Also Like

0 comments