Simple Heart Block - A Free FPP Pattern

by - January 29, 2023

 


I'm excited to share a new free pattern for my followers!

With Valentine's Day fast approaching, I decided to design a paper pieced heart on a whim one January Sunday afternoon - what better way to spend a cold winter day?

Download your pattern HERE.


The pattern is called the Simple Heart FPP block - mainly because it is just a simple heart! I created templates in three different sizes - 3", 6" and 9" - to allow for all kinds of sewing creativity!

This pattern is great for those new to FPP since it doesn't have a lot of pieces and isn't too fussy. It's a great way to use up scrap fabric and to show off your favourite prints!

I'll be hosting an Instagram Live demonstration on this block on Saturday, February 4th 2023. If you can't catch the live I'll be saving it into my profile for you to watch later!


Most of the fun is deciding what to make with these hearts! The sizes are common - so they could fit into many different projects. I've included a long list of ideas in the pattern to get you started!



The smallest hearts fit perfectly into my Cabin Nights sawtooth star block. I made three stars, and added the extra bear paw points. The stars then fit perfectly into my Starry Night Table Runner Pattern! What serendipity!


The 9" heart also would fit into the Starry Night Table Runner pattern on its own, or use it in Cabin Nights to replace the middle star and points completely! I just added the log cabin strips to the 9" heart, adding one extra round to make the block 18.5 inches. It made the perfect throw pillow cover!


There are so many creative ways to use your Simple Heart block! Tag me with #simpleheartfppblock and #prairiequiltcopatterns so I can see what you make!

Download your free Simple Heart FPP block pattern HERE.

You May Also Like

0 comments