Midsummer Mini Quilt Pattern

by - July 04, 2022


Have you been sewing along in the #12minis12months2022 sew along?

It's been loads of fun, and I was the mini quilt designer for the month of June!

My mini is called the Midsummer Mini - and it is inspired by flower crowns worn during the Midsummer Festival at Summer Solstice. I wanted a pixelated wreath with a mix of half square triangles and patchwork squares. The corners to me look like little butterflies flitting around the flowers.  This pattern is perfect for using up little 2" or 2.5" squares you might have left in your stash!

The Midsummer mini finishes at 18" square and is perfect for a wall hanging, table topper, or even finished as a standard throw pillow!

The pattern is available as a PDF download in my shop.


The mini quilt consists of one block made four times, then rotated to create the complete wreath. I used a mix of scraps from my stash and Cotton and Steel Freckles in sandcastle for the background.


The pattern also comes with bonus instructions to make your mini into a 54" x 54", or larger, throw! When you sew multiple minis together the corner butterflies transform into a secondary star pattern.

I made a super scrappy throw version with a mix of low volumes for background.


I made nine of these scrappy Midsummer minis and they came together like this....


Isn't it glorious???  I absolutely love this throw version of the mini quilt. I am planning to hand quilt this one over the summer holidays.

The Midsummer mini, with included throw version instructions, is available as a PDF only in my shop!

You May Also Like

0 comments