Grandmother's Scrap Patch Quilt Block

by - October 05, 2024

 


The Grandmother's Scrap Patch quilt block pattern is inspired by the traditional Grandmother's Cross block and features nine patch blocks.

This quilt design is perfect for using up scrap pieces of fabric and to play with colour combinations.  There is also a fun twist if you put multiple blocks together to create a throw quilt!


For my sample I used a variety of Heather Ross scraps that I had on hand, with scrap Ruby + Bee solids for my block backgrounds.


The nine patches are so fun to sew up, and come together quickly!
This block pattern was originally designed for the 2024 Machine Sampler Minis event, and includes a link to a video tutorial for the on-point block assembly!


I used a Ruby Star Society speckled fabric in pink as sashing to tie the blocks all together. Extra mini nine-patches make the cutest cornerstone blocks!











You May Also Like

0 comments