Cabin Nights - The Cover Girl

by - December 03, 2022


Well, now that it's December, I guess it's time to share my Cabin Nights quilt pattern that released in August! Yikes! I'm a little behind on updating my blog, but let's see if we can get all caught up on Prairie Quilt Co news!

This post is all about the Cover Girl, made with the Then Came June Kona Solids fat quarter bundle. I love the bright colours in this mix - they all mix and match so well together, and it was the perfect choice for a summer sewing project!

The Cabin Nights quilt, as you can guess, is a fat quarter mix and match quilt. The pattern comes in three sizes - Toddler, Throw and Bed, and you'll need 9, 16 or 25 fat quarters plus background fabric depending on the size you choose!


The pattern mixes together a lot of my favourite traditional quilt pattern motifs, starting with the centre sawtooth stars for each block.


Next, a round of bear paw points are added to the stars.


Then we add the log cabin strips! Do you see the mixing and matching happening? 

Once these are added the blocks are complete, and the top is ready to finish with sashing!


The cover quilt was quilted by Matante Quilting. I love the pantograph she chose for it!

I added pink gingham cornerstones, since I just couldn't have a completely solid top. I'm definitely more of a prints girl, but I love the brights too!


I love how it all came together! It's such a fun quilt to make, and it looks good in so many different fabrics! I made a few more versions after this one!


The pattern is available in my shop in PDF, paper and wholesale options!

You May Also Like

0 comments