Wild Starflower - The Ruby Star Society One

by - July 03, 2022

 


You know I'm a big fan of Ruby Star Society, and I had to make at least one version of my Wild Starflower quilt using RSS fabric!


I absolutely LOVE the Unruly Nature line designed by Jen Hewitt for Ruby Star Society. I picked up a fat quarter bundle of the warm tones from the line - which was perfect for the scrappy mix and match version of my pattern!


I made the small throw size, which requires 12 fat quarters and some background fabric. I love how well these fabrics mix and match together!

I used my favourite Cotton and Steel Freckles in sandcastle as background fabric.


The quilt came together beautifully. I machine quilted it with a soft curving lines pattern from my WALK quilting book.


I gotta say, I think this was my very favourite version that I made of the Wild Starflower Quilt!


I designed the Wild Starflower pattern to be as low waste as possible with fabric. It uses economy blocks for the flower and star centers, and the Fat Quarter cutting uses up almost the entire piece of fabric.  There is a small bit left of each FQ to use for scrap sewing - with this version I turned my scraps into a zip pouch! I used a free tutorial from Polka Dot Chair to make this!

The Wild Starflower pattern is available as a PDF download and paper pattern in my shop!

You May Also Like

0 comments